Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Little boost, compound interest and a piggy bank.

How you can boost your investments or make it maybe a bit easier for yourself.
-I don't have any left over for investments. I heard that a lot, usually with promise,
I´ll start later.
You don't have to lie to me! You haven't started yet and now I hear all the excuses why. You either start or don't, that's it.

When you can start as little as one euro, I don't see any excuses. If you find it hard to save money to start, you're not alone. You need money to invest, that is a fact. But you don't need lot of money, more important is to just start. Sooner the better. Time is your best friend in investing, or if you don't invest your worst enemy. If you have never heard of compound interest , you should google it, or just click the Investopedia link here where they explain it in a simple way in a short vid.

I use several little tricks to make sure that I am able to do investments every now and then. I have wrote a few time about the collecting bottles and beverage cans, when ever I see one. In Finland you get money when you take them back to the grocery store, usually I collect them from the streets and take them once, twice a month then save the money to the piggy bank.

And you can also feel good about yourself, cause you have also made a good thing for the environment. Plastic bottles and aluminium cans don't belong to the streets or to the nature. Small scale recycling as its best and you get paid by doing it.

If I use cash, I empty my pockets to the piggy bank also in the end of the day. And when my piggy bank is full I just invest all that and maybe put some extra on on top of that. And it feels so natural and good, it´s like you haven't done a thing and again you get a little more saved. I hardly use any cash these days, so if I get even a bit bigger amount of cash for some reason, I usually just put it to the same place with the rest of the money.

It is also wise to invest as soon as you get salary and think that the money you have put aside for the invests are no longer in use. I heard that some ppl even use several bank accounts, where they transfer money straight away to keep it saved for the investments. Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments: