Sunday, September 8, 2019

Life goals, bucket list, motivation and happiness

I wrote earlier that I believe that money doesn't make anyone happy, and I also believe that you need some. So why I spend so much time thinking and reading, studying everything investments related?

The simple answer would be, cause I want to. I really enjoy doing that. I call it a hobby and until I live by buying and selling stocks or dividends payed, it will be a hobby. A hobby that will most likely change the way I live in some point and It has changed the way I think already.

I do have dreams, and I´ll make some of them reality in some day. Some of them are meant to be just dreams, nothing more. We do need dreams to motivate and push ourselves forward time to time. Sometimes I close my eyes and dream about a sunny beach and a perfect wave, some small idyllic flat that would be my escape from the northern cold and dark winters we have here in Finland. And I know I´ll have that some day, even now I think I could get it, but not the way I want it.

Remember, I do believe that having a money to buy something doesn't mean that you can really afford it. So it is a dream to become true later. These dreams are important for me, they are something that keeps me going, trying, studying and investing. That's a basis of my motivation in life. Dreams.

Being happy and having a good time, enjoying life, that's the goal. I think I must rethink my actual bucket list for a while. Add some materialistic things as well as feelings and experiences to it. Now it´s limited to a Rolex, Ferrari and a summer place from abroad, oh and Iceland. I want to experience Iceland.  And any or even all of those things doesn't make me happy, I know that. Except the Iceland of course. :)

You get a new car and feel good about it for few weeks and then it´s just another car, you get used to it. That is the way our mind works. And it´s same with all the materialistic things.

So what I am trying to say here is that we do need to have dreams, the materialistic also, but we also need to understand what things are really important in life; like health, family and friends. Dreams, and bucket lists change and they should, as we change also and the world around us. I would like to hear from your dreams, bucket lists and what pushes you forward, if you're willing to share them..
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments: