Friday, September 6, 2019

Getting started in investing.

The first step is usually hardest and in the same time easiest to make,;to start.
How, when and even why...these questions with all kind of threat images cross to mind, like: if I loose all of my money, I don't know what to do and when, I should have this and this much money to start, I´ll start later and so on. We are very good to making up excuses.


So what if I tell you, that you should have started already and there is no good excuse not to!
You can even start by investing as little as one euro. I've heard someone saying that don't have that one euro, which I don't believe here in Finland. If you have money for food, cigarettes and beer, you can easily take just one euro from that and I bet you don't have to sacrifice a thing in life. Or you can easily collect empty bottles or beverage cans from streets and they pay around 0,15€/each when you take it back to the grocery store. I collect one, whenever I can and I will not be so rich in my life, that I wouldn't! Easy money and ecological recycling in the same. Oh, and you cannot loose more than you invest... No excuses!

I was listening from aside once again one day an conversation about how much money would be needed from the lottery win to be able to be financial independent. (FIRE) <- now mentioned! I'm so trendy. :)

While this group of people were wondering if the right amount would be 1M to 5M€, I soon heard how they would need an fancy house and a Ferrari and this and this much to pay all their mortgage and so on... You might guessed already, there is no amount big enough if you start to use the capital that should be working and making more money to you while some time passes by. If you have money enough to buy a Porsche, that doesn't mean that you can afford one. That's two totally different things. We definitely need financial things to be teached better at schools.

And I do like nice things, luxury watches, nice clothes and fast exotic cars, good food. Who doesn't? I just don't have enough money to get everything I like right away and still I find my life interesting, even without all of that. For some reason people tend to have a must to spend their imaginary lottery win right away, they have to get bigger house, better car is changed even before the money has transferred to the account and whatever without waiting another second, even if they would just invested the money and waited for a year or two they could have the same things without touching the capital they have. These people will never get rich or wealthy as their biggest obstacle is in the mirror looking back at.

Everyone makes their own choices and hopefully you found a reasons why you should have a bit more money in the future and find investing a way to be able to do that. Or you can just wait the lottery win.

For me it´s security, control of my own future and certain freedom of choices. It´s used to be nicer wheels and a bigger stack of money, but hey that's also included in my definition.
Personally I don't think you can buy happiness and in the same time money is needed, after all that is the way to bring food to table, pay the bills, kids education etc. So don't think money is bad, money is actually good!
Lot of talk about the money and he's not giving any information about his situation you think...
I drive an old small Beemer, which is really good for me now. I have very little salary, since I work just a part time, while studies keeping me busy with two different degrees. I also enjoy my little free time on the sea whenever I can.
Stocks that I have plus p2p etc. all included are between 60-70k€ at the moment, so just getting started in this path and will be enjoying all the way. How about you? I might upload some graphs in some point, when things will get more excited, but now its time for cable wakeboarding! Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments: